Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Fab Five.

Women’s gymnastics is by far my favorite sport in the Olympics. I, like most little girls, was mesmerized by the sport when I was little and wanted that to be me. I knew very early on that that pipe dream was not going to happen for me, so I took to following the sport. I’ve been keeping up with news and interviews of this Olympic team over the past few weeks. I must say, I think these girls are just adorable and they sure make me believe that they are a team when this is a sport that can often be about the individual.

I’ve heard that the difference between them and the team in 1996 is that they are actually a team. In 1996 it was a bunch of talented individuals doing their thing and that led them to a gold medal. These girls are all about the team winning the gold and the individual success comes after.

Here’s one of my favorite interviews that I’ve seen with them over the past week.


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment