Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Olympic song.

Do you love hearing the Olympic theme? I do. It's one of my favorite pieces of music. This is probably for two reasons.

1. I love the Olympics (duh)
2. It was written by John Williams

Williams is one of the most well-known composers of our generation. Even if you don't know his name, you know his music. Trust me.

Most probably just call it the Olympic song, like me. But the official name is the "Olympic Fanfare and Theme." He wrote the Olympic Fanfare for the 1984 games in Los Angeles and it's been used (at least by the United States) as the anthem ever since.

Rock Center did a great feature on him on its most recent show. Enjoy the music and get yourself ready for the games!

 


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment