Friday, August 10, 2012

Future Olympian?

My dreamlike state with the Olympics gave way to reality today when I found out that one of my best friends had an emergency c-section this morning. Harper Kathryn Shaw was born just over five weeks early at 8:59 a.m. (est) today, weighing in around 4.5 pounds.

First of all, I'm so thankful to say that both mommy and baby are doing well. Praise the Lord! The proud parents, Kristin and Chris, did not find out the sex before hand and I don't know what they were thinking or hoping for, but I have to admit that I think I was hoping for a girl. Just so that I could start thinking of her as a future Pi Phi.

Since she was born premature and during the Olympics, I am going to go ahead and say future Olympian as well. She's clearly strong minded, determined and a fighter. I think we should set our sites on 2028, 2030 or 2032 (depending on what sport she picks up).

So many congratulations to my dear friend. I can't wait to met Ms. Harper!

No comments:

Post a Comment